Sunday, March 29, 2015

Media Review: How to train your dragon 2

How to Train Your Dragon 2

  How to train your dragon was released on June 13 2014 by DreamWorks Animation film studios. 
How to train your dragon is the movie that I'm doing for my movie review. I found it a fun adventure epic movie that was enjoyable for the whole family.


    In summary How to train your dragon 2 is a sequel to the movie adaption of the books written about Hiccup a viking teenage boy who unlike his other villagers isn't very good at killing dragons but is clever and quick-witted. But in the first movie he ends up befriending a dragon which turns out to be of great help in his adventure in the sequel. Drago Bludvist is a tyrant who uses his own tamed Dragon (that can hypnotize other dragons) into wielding an army of dragons who he wished to conquer various Islands with. Hiccup tries to reason with him fails and when retreating finds his long-lost mother (thought dead) mother. Eventually he defeats Drago and all is safe once again on Berk.   My favorite part was the reunion of Hiccup and his mother Valka and how they both had a love of dragons and while Valka had more knowledge of dragons Hiccup did what she thought couldn't be done and convinced the other viking that dragons aren't evil. It also showed us the BewilderBeast albeit unlike Drago's it was more peaceful.

 I otherwise enjoyed the fight scene of Drago and Hiccup though the dragon to dragon fight was interesting with how Toothless eventually managed to shake off the hypnosis wen it mattered. 
 My least favourite part was when they encountered the dragon trapping ship, I think that if they hadn't known about it they could've been more angry as dragons had shown they had intelligence and Drago was making them slaves. I didn't think they added enough reasoning for Valka abandoning her family. I also wondered why the evil BewilderBeast followed Drago and thought they didn't add enough of a back story so it got confusing.

Generally and overall How to train your dragon was a great movie for my family and so I would give it a 7.5/10 because while it had dragons but also humour I didn't like a few parts for a couple of reasons such as while the book described things totally different I thought it a good change except for less details. Toothless also really seemed more defined then the lovable pet dragon of the last movie. The movie was delightful and I thought it deserved 7.5 out of 10 stars very much.


  

1 comment:

  1. This was a good review Salma, thank you for sharing it.

    Your mark is on classroom.

    ReplyDelete